Promotional products are a crucial step in the overall success of your marketing efforts.
With an average lifespan of 2 years, they offer your current customers and potential new ones a steady reminder of your business each time they see or use the item. They are a low-cost way to enhance your marketing campaigns and build brand recognition.
There are endless options when it comes to products and suppliers of promotional items, so it can be overwhelming to find the perfect item at the perfect price. That’s where PMD can help! We have an entire team of knowledgeable Promo Specialists that will guide you through the entire process to find great swag that is perfect for your specific needs.
We checked in with Becky Carroll, one of our Promotional Specialists, to learn more about this tedious process and how PMD Group helps select, create and deliver optimal products to our clients.
Picking the Right Product
The first step in the promo product process is selecting the right products.
When helping a client choose an item, we ask a lot of questions up front, so we are best able to suggest items that fit within your budget and are appropriate for your needs. We like to know about your business and what your goals are. Then, we find ways that promo items can align with your brand and help you grow. Here are some of the things we will ask when assisting you on your promo journey:
- Who will receive the item? Will this be given out to new or current employees, board members, customers, attendees of a wedding or handed out to the masses at a public event?
- What quantity do you need? Generally, the higher the quantity, the better the price. However, PMD works to ensure you get quality items at competitive prices for even small quantities.
- What is your price range per item or an overall budget? Knowing how much you would like to spend per item, or your overall budget, helps to determine the best products for your needs, as there are often additional fees (including setup and costs for additional colors or imprint locations) to consider.
- Are there specific colors, imprint methods or materials you would like? We can help suggest items that fit your exact needs and save you time from having to search through lots of items that aren’t right for your brand.
- When do you need it? When you need your promo items can determine what is available in order to meet your necessary timeline. While some products can be produced, shipped and in your hands in less than a week, the majority of items take around 2 to 3 weeks for the entire process.
The Promo Process
Here at PMD, our Promo Specialists have spent years building relationships with reliable suppliers all over the country to ensure our clients get the best quality and variety of products.
After we have a good idea of your needs and wants, we will utilize our extensive knowledge of the promo field and prepare a custom quote with items we think are perfect for you and your event. The quote will have information on the type of imprint available for each item, associated costs for setting up the machines and artwork on the supplier’s end, the size of the imprint area, minimum quantities that can be ordered, the price per item for multiple quantities and standard production timelines.
Once you have chosen an item, we will then do a mockup of your logo or artwork on the item before placing the order with the supplier. This step ensures the logo or artwork will be imprinted in a way you are happy with. We can use logos or artwork that you provide, or our graphics team can create a custom design for you. After you have approved the mockup, we send the order to the supplier, who will send us an official proof. Their proof is the last checkpoint before the order goes into production, so it’s important to ensure the artwork’s placement on the item is exactly as you want it. After the supplier’s proof is approved, the item moves into production and then ships directly to you, ready to be given out and build your brand’s recognition.
Why Choose PMD?
Our Promo Specialists are knowledgeable about the current trends in promotional products as well as the technological advances that are constantly occurring in imprinting methods. We frequently attend national and local conferences learning about the hottest new products and looking for the perfect items for our clients. We know which method of imprinting will work best on different types of materials, where to source the best quality products at every price point, and best of all, we know you and your needs well.
PMD is a one-stop shop when it comes to marketing, and promotional products are an important aspect of your overall branding. We handle everything in-house so we can ensure your marketing campaigns are cohesive each step of the way from designing and printing postcards and banners, creating and placing digital ads and supplying optimal promotional products. At PMD, we go the extra mile to ensure the promo products you select fit into your specific campaigns and overall branding and that you are handing out something useful that will bring you long-term recognition.