It’s time to make 2023 your year for success. The beginning of the year can be an extremely busy time for businesses. After evaluating internal processes, reviewing financials, and performance metrics, fourth quarter is closed, and the new year has been rung in. Use this checklist as a starting point.
Review Your 2022 Goals and Results
Look at your marketing strategy from the beginning of last year and compare it to where you are now. How effective was your strategy in the last four quarters?
Ask yourself these questions:
- What were your biggest achievements, and what didn’t work well?
- Were you spending your budget wisely?
- Was there any messaging that outperformed the rest?
- Which platforms are strongest for your audience and which platforms do your audience seem to avoid?
Answering these questions will help you define new objectives for 2023.
Research Industry Trends
It’s crucial to incorporate, or at least know about, the latest trends to stay competitive and relevant in today’s marketplace. Since trends are constantly changing, it’s important for your business to adapt its strategies accordingly, so be sure to do the necessary research to prepare for upcoming trends.
Check-in on the Competition
Reevaluate your biggest competitors, as that list may have evolved over the last year. Then, do some market research on their current efforts and determine:
- What are they doing well?
- What is compelling about their messaging?
- Who are they targeting, and how are they targeting them?
Audit Your Website
Your website is the cornerstone of your online marketing, so it’s important to have a high-quality one that’s easy to navigate and allows users to quickly find the products they are looking for.
When conducting your audit, check that:
- All links are working
- Pages with low traffic are examined and removed, if possible
- Contact information is reviewed and updated, if necessary
- Forms open easily and are up to date
- Pages load easily and quickly on both desktop and mobile devices
- All web pages are optimized to be used from a mobile device
- The website is easy to navigate
- Blog posts are not competing for the same search engine keywords, and competing blog posts are combined to create one long-form post instead
- The site is reviewed for how it competed in search engine results and is given a facelift, if necessary
Keep Your Employees in the Loop
Take time to meet with your team and update them on your 2022 evaluation. Talk about what you’re looking to accomplish in the new year, and allow them to ask questions and give feedback on what they think works or could improve. This is a great way to make your employees feel more connected to the business and ensure everyone is on the same page.
Hire A Marketing Agency
To ensure your business stays visible and relevant in 2023, marketing needs to be a top priority, and this can be challenging when you’re also handling the day-to-day operations of your business. If you find yourself struggling to balance it all, let PMD Group do the heavy lifting, so you can focus on what matters most. Contact us today!